The Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ben, Nov 4, 2012.

1. MagicalZebra Active Member

It's always sad to lose a pet.
  2. MissChompers New Member

It is. Both my sister and I went those 10+ years thinking we didn't have any photos of her, so now we make it a point to take as many as we can of the ones we have now. I've taken almost 4000 photos with my phone since I got it last year, most of those are of our cats and dogs.
  3. MagicalZebra Active Member

I think that's what phone cameras were invented for. A cat never holds a good pose long enough for a photo, so you have a sneaky device at hand to snap one at any time.
  4. Amber Member

Losing pets is awful. 10 days ago we had to put down one of our cats. She was almost 19 years old. You know it's coming, but when the time is there, you're never ready to let go. I was 8 when we got her so I practically grew up with her. Sometimes I would visit my parents just so I could cuddle with her. When my mom called me up last week to say she wasn't well, I went over there as fast as I could. My mom had put her in a cardboard box filled with towels. She couldn't walk without help, she didn't eat or drink, she didn't respond to anything around her, she was just breathing. Before going to the vet we took her outside in the garden for a while. There she suddenly lived up and started to look around at look up and meow at us. We cried so hard, she was the sweetest thing.
    Later that day I found a video on my phone I made of her about a year ago. It's very short and it's just her meowing, but I'm really glad I have it.
  5. MagicalZebra Active Member

19 years is a good long time. Sounds like she had a fulfilling life.
  6. MissChompers New Member

That's definitely a good life. One of my cousins had a cat live until he was 23.
    I'm sorry for your loss but, as always, think positively! :)
    One of our dogs, she's a Sheltie named Oddessie, is going to be 12 this year and we've had her the longest of any pet. I'm hoping she sticks around until she's at least 15.

Have you guys ever watched Repo games on Spike tv? It's a game show where take those that have cars that are being repossessed and ask them a total of 5 trivia questions, if they get at least 3 right they pay off their car, if not then it gets taken away.

My forehead was turning red from the amount of times I facepalmed due to the sheer amount of stupidity.
    Someone called France a state.
  7. MagicalZebra Active Member

I kind of hope that's staged like the rest of the reality TV programs, but they probably get equal numbers of smart and stupid people. They cherry-pick the stupid interviews for TV because it's more entertaining I think.
  8. Amber Member

Yes, she definitely had a good life! And I do try to think positively :) Sometimes it feels good to write it down and share it with people. So thanks for reading guys xoxo
  9. Corvus Member

Not sure if this is the right thread, but for those who are not subscribed to the newsletter, Ben sent out the new tour dates with the cover art for The Branches.
    [IMG]
  10. MagicalZebra Active Member

It looks really cool. I'm excited.
  11. MagicalZebra Active Member

I broke my arm within half an hour of going skateboarding for the first time. It's a small break and it'll be fine in like 5 weeks. Now I'm annoyed because I can't play any instruments properly so that's one hobby gone, and I can't keep learning how to skate for obvious reasons, so I'm just going to get bored. Apparently I only need the sling for 2 weeks though. Can everyone start spamming the forum so I have something to do?
  12. hughesypf Active Member

First Ben's back, now your arm! Skateboarding sounds a little too dangerous for my liking. :D
  13. MagicalZebra Active Member

It's fun though ): just noticed I can now call "spam" on any post that isn't Ben's, so if the bots pull that all-day posting rage shit again I'll punt them
  14. ben Administrator

Ah. Damn. That sucks. Sorry to hear it. And yes, it is a very dangerous sport, but super fun. I still watch videos to this day.

And yes, I updated the forum admin stuff so the bots can't appear as members.
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  15. jwalker Member

I might go and play the guitar while skating so MZ knows what he's missing.
  16. MagicalZebra Active Member

I'm going to be 17 tomorrow. Getting old.

Edit: happy birthday, me
  17. jwalker Member

I think somebody had a birthday in my house the other day. Not sure who it was, but there was cake.
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  18. MagicalZebra Active Member

Just in case anybody still fears for the forum's safety, this is our most recent bot:
    [IMG]
    It's a shame he had to go, really.
  19. MagicalZebra Active Member

I was in the same room as a viola da gamba today. There was a guy playing it too. Also, Ben Cooper was sitting next to the viola da gamba and the viola da gamba player, and there were some other guys, and everyone had a good time.

Seriously, the show was amazing. Hey Ben, in case you wondered, I was the guy who asked you why you went to the bathroom with your whole band.
  20. jwalker Member

You can add "Associate Lavatory Assistant to Mr Ben Cooper" to your CV now.
    MagicalZebra likes this.