The Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ben, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ben Administrator

Yep. Same. My mouth hurts me a lot. Even though I keep up with my hygeine. I have to go to my first dentist appointment in about 20 years. I'm not looking forward to it.

And yeah. Ear plugs. They matter.
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

Hey Ben. We're online at the same time.
  3. ben Administrator

We did it!
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  4. MagicalZebra Active Member

[IMG]
    Tried to draw this with my mouse on a sofa arm. It went badly. This is a high five by the way.

On an unrelated note, my biology teacher showed us his tray full of cool insects yesterday. I used to hate bugs but they were really cool, I think I might want to be an entomologist. 7 year old me would recoil in horror.
  5. Craig Member

6. MagicalZebra Active Member

That sounds like my true calling!
  7. Craig Member

Made me chuckle:

During a lecture the Oxford linguistic philosopher J. L. Austin made the claim that although a double negative in English implies a positive meaning, there is no language in which a double positive implies a negative. To which Sidney Morgenbesser responded in a dismissive tone, "Yeah, yeah."
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  8. jwalker Member

Fun facts:

Long before he was MagicalZebra, on Christmas morning at like 5am, Joel had to have his stocking removed from his room because he had a dream that it was full of bugs.

On another occasion, he was so excited for Christmas morning that he vomited.
  9. MagicalZebra Active Member

It's like you're going on a smear campaign to humiliate me, but I'm not ashamed. Both of those things are true. Christmas is a very emotionally charged time. The bugs I imagined then were like radioactive slugs though, not cool beetles
  10. ben Administrator

Hahaha. That's great.
  11. ben Administrator

I have more embarrassing stories than I can count. I'm kind of a magnet for weird things. I think my general lack of shame and dignity catches up to me too.
  12. MagicalZebra Active Member

I think we'd all be grateful if you ever wanted to share a few.
    Joey Kabar likes this.
  13. MagicalZebra Active Member

Our new friend EffemoLox turned out to be another adbot, Craig was right the whole time ):
  14. ben Administrator

He was a Cylon. Craig knew. Our soft hearts fooled us.
  15. jwalker Member

Takes one to know one. I'm suspicious of Craig.
  16. a flicker of light Active Member

I tend to venture here everyday, being a big fan of Ben's melodies, but when there is a mass take over of spam adverstizing that floods pages and pages, I get extremely annoyed. This is as if my house was trappled in by strangers with muddy shoes. I know a little of HTML, server hosts, and that sort of thing, but now I'm spending my next hour or so, figuring out good filters to prevent things like this from happening.- I know Ben and Zebra was it? Are probably digging into this asap, but hey, I can't help to have some research done.

I feel for this place, and I hate that this sort of thing is happening. I don't see how they think this is really going to bring more money in for there pharmasuitcal, penis enhancing, and whatever else. (flicker is flickering mad!!)
  17. MagicalZebra Active Member

A lot of you probably won't see this until the bots have gone away because they're posting pretty fast right now and the thread will be buried again, but the bots have posted so much today (over 40 pages filled with spam threads) that the forum recognises them as legitimate members. So I can't use my spam cleaner on them, only Ben can clear this up. Sorry everyone.
  18. Corvus Member

Wow, the entire plot of Robophobia just played out on the forum, complete with "there were too many, you did what you could".
    jwalker and MagicalZebra like this.
  19. MagicalZebra Active Member

Hahahaha, this is probably what he wrote it about
  20. MissChompers New Member

Sometime last year my sister and I bought a cat for her boyfriend. We wanted a black, fluffy, male cat, which we got and promptly named Sterling. Turns out he is a she. I've taken to calling her Starla from now on.
    I also found a few photos of one of our first dogs, we ended up losing her in 1999, I hadn't seen that dog in over ten years, it was such a nice start to the day.