The Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ben, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ben Administrator

Hahaha. Righto. You should've come and said hello after! But it's cool. I need help to pee. Glad people are in my corner.

And yeah, Josh is a crazy good gamba player. The things I'm having him do are nowhere near what he normally plays. He can play some Bach pieces that very few people can.
  2. jwalker Member

We would've, but we had to get back on the road and we didn't know how long you'd need in the bathroom.
  3. MagicalZebra Active Member

Yeah, we'll have to come and say hello next time we get to see you play. Unless you're like, super famous or whatever. I think the tshirt I bought was a girl's one.
  4. jwalker Member

I thought that too. I think it's just a slim cut.
  5. MagicalZebra Active Member

It really shows off my armpit hair too, but I gotta rep that radical face design, man. So I'll wear it in conjuction with a shirt.
    jwalker likes this.
  6. jwalker Member

Why not just shave your armpit hair again? It went so well last time.
  7. MagicalZebra Active Member

we don't talk about that
    jwalker likes this.
  8. hughesypf Active Member

Just like to say a thank you to Ben and the band for a great gig last night :) And what a venue! You guys looking up at the size if it in amazement but you filled it right up with your sound. I was gonna try and say hi but had to rush off on the train, just have to try next time around.

I think they did say one was men's and one was women's but from what I saw people were just getting which ever one they preferred. I got the raven/crow one, don't know which that's meant to be, but its awesome!
  9. MagicalZebra Active Member

Yeah, regardless of the fit, it's a really cool shirt.
    jwalker likes this.
  10. uublog New Member

Welcome Home showed up at the end of The Blacklist last week. Needless to say, it was the best part the show has had (or will ever have, probably). It played over a funeral, which feels really appropriate for some reason. No video of just that part anywhere yet, I may just do it myself if I get around to it. Anyway, it reminded me how awesome the song is.
  11. MagicalZebra Active Member

it's always cool to hear ben in the wild
    Pedro Meadows likes this.
  12. quasar-2009 Member

Recently i found this picture "Top 30 most common words found in 1 million songs"
    http://visual.ly/top-30-most-common-words-found-1-million-songs

So I took all the lyrics from RadicalFace.com website and made a list of the most common words in Ben's songs :)
    I used this website for that http://www.writewords.org.uk/word_count.asp

Here it is (nouns only)
    amount/the word
    48time
    44way
    41eyes
    34home
    31head
    30hands
    25sleep
    25feet
    24ground
    23name
    23mind
    23blood
    20face
    19world
    19sky
    18walls
    18bones
    17place
    17night
    16day
    15sound
    15house
    15heart
    14teeth
    14life
    13words
    13sun
    13moon
    13clouds
    12skin
    12hope
    11window
    11light
    11heads
    11door
    10trees
    10mouth
    10hole
    10cold
    10bed

and I'm uploading a txt file with all the results(minus lots of unsignificant words), in case someone's interested

Attached Files:

Karin and MagicalZebra like this.
  13. quasar-2009 Member

Ben is also a movie star! :D
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  14. MagicalZebra Active Member

That was nothing short of amazing, especially when the guy on the floor was singing welcome home
  15. ben Administrator

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. The guy on the floor is my good friend Mark (who I've made videos with since we were kids), and that was for his film class. If I recall, he said everyone is his class said it made them uncomfortable, or they outright hated it. Hahaha.
  16. ben Administrator

Sorry I haven't really posted in a bit. I kinda disappeared for a while, mostly to take care of things I had been putting off or neglecting for way too long. I moved about a year and a half ago, but I never really stopped to move in. The living room and my work area were all I set up. I have a habit of never really settling anywhere, even after living there for a long time, but I've decided to change that. It's starting to look like a house now. Things are out of boxes and onto shelves and hangers. It's a start.

I'm also trying to shape my schedule into something less chaotic. I've grown tired of always feeling behind, and I want more time for the people in my life. The guy I'm seeing moved down my way, which has been a bit of a catalyst for this. I'm used to just staying as busy as possible and never really taking a breath. I'm attempting to learn moderation.

Beyond that, I'm back in the thick of recording and such. Alex and I have 3 songs going for this Electric President album, I'm starting on the last Family Tree record, Clone is underway for release in Spring, and I'm finishing some treatments for new music videos. The Mute is the next one. It's still gonna be a busy year, but I'm trying to pace it all better. And it's all my favorite stuff, so I'm excited to bear down on it again.
  17. hughesypf Active Member

Yay for The Mute video (definitely a favorite from Branches), Clone and another EP record! Seems like there's a lot for us to look forward to from you this year, but I remember saying that last year, you're always releasing great things very year!

Now you're back posting on the forum, I have a request/question. Is there any chance you could explain how The Branches fits into the whole Family Tree like you did for The Roots? Like which songs follow in the same family and the character relationships and stories. There was speculation in another thread but it would be good to know the real meanings and how it all fits in. :)
  18. Fabh Member

Yes, it would be awesome to know the stories behind each song of The Branches. And if you have stories that you wrote like you did with Severus and Stone, it would be very nice if you accepted to share them ! :)

Anyway, it's really great to hear about new records. I can't wait to listen to Clone, or to watch your next music video !
  19. ben Administrator

Yeah, sure. I'll punch up some of the meanings soon.
    hughesypf likes this.
  20. MagicalZebra Active Member

it's good to hear that your house is homely and that electric president is happening!