The Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ben, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ben Administrator

Whoa! Weiner cat!

I know this is probably because I live in Florida and I'm a walking oven, but I'm always excited when it gets colder. I have more ideas for some reason, and I'm really excited to just make things. Plus I can drink hot drinks without sweating, and I'm suddenly into soups. I'm sure I'll be sick of it in February, but for now, huzzah.
  2. Von Hairdo New Member

Somebody actually said that? Nobody told them about low pressure systems, cold fronts and hot fronts and all that?

FFS, I guess the American Public School System really has let people down.......
  3. Seamus New Member

I never used to be much of a fan of cats. Until one started visiting me at work, haha! As soon as I open the place up he appears, and stays curled up on my lap or by the radiator all day. I'm usually the only person there, so it's cool to have some company. I'm not sure where he lives, (he has a collar though, so he must have a home somewhere) but my boss has even started buying cat food especially for him. I've always been more of a dog person, now I want a cat of my own!
  4. BatCat New Member

I have two dogs at home. Luckily (in that regard) I live with parents and a brother at the moment. I love dogs, but being an unorganised and unstructured person myself, I can relate to what you said Ben. And it's true, I wouldn't take a dog if I were you (or me). Cats are great though. And you shouldn't worry about allergies. If you had any allergy against cats you would know it by now.
  5. ben Administrator

Hahaha. It was from a somewhat extremist religious leader. I don't think it's a general consensus.
  6. ben Administrator

And yeah, I wasn't as much of a cat person at first. Then I met some awesome cats that changed my mind.

And good to know on the allergies. It's been ages since I've lived with an animal, so I'm just doing my research. I probably won't really get one until next year.
  7. MagicalZebra Active Member

Get a loud one and sample its meows in your songs!
  8. mattar Member

MagicalZebra likes this.
  9. MagicalZebra Active Member

Oh my goodness that's incredible
  10. ben Administrator

I actually played with that thing at the store. It's pretty rad. Hahaha.
  11. MagicalZebra Active Member

Electric President: Meep Well
    Electric President: The Violent Mew
    walleh likes this.
  12. ben Administrator

Cat covers would be awesome. Hahaha.
  13. Husky110 New Member

I saw a T-Shirt that day which had "What part of MEW you didn't understand!?" on it! :D
  14. ben Administrator

I do a lot of things alone. I find it funny how people usually react to certain scenarios. Like when eating alone at a sit down restaurant, the waitresses tend to either treat you with pity, or seem to stay away, like you make them uncomfortable. I get it from going to the theater by myself, too. It doesn't bother me, but it usually makes me smile that people notice.
  15. Amber Member

16. Amber Member

I know what you mean! I tent to do a lot on my own too, going to the cinema and concerts. Last year I went traveling on my own for the first time, it's amazing. When you travel, you get that restaurant thing by yourself a lot. It was a bit awkward at first. But than again, I work as a waitress myself, a lot of people come and eat by themselves there and that has never been weird or awkward to me.
  17. BatCat New Member

I'll join the club of loners, then. I was always an outsider and while it was really depressing in the beginning, I grew accustomed to it and now enjoy sitting in a café all by myself while reading a good book. I find others to be restricting somehow.
  18. Amber Member

Don't get me wrong, I like hanging out with friends ;) but when there's a movie or concert I'd like to attend, I just buy a ticket and go. If someone wants to join me, that's great. If not, I don't mind going on my own.
    But traveling is a different story, it's just great when you can do whatever you want. While, if you go travel together with someone else, you have to be damn sure you're on the same page. It can be very tiring when you have to discuss your plans the whole time.
    Pedro Meadows likes this.
  19. ben Administrator

I like hanging out with people too. But I'm just on a different schedule compared to most people I know. And I'm similar to you, Amber. It's more that I'm gonna go, and if people wanna come along that's fine, but if not, I'm fine too.

But yes, travelling alone is a wholly different experience. I find I pay attention a lot more, and spend more time talking to total strangers. I definitely like travelling with people too, for someone to share the experience with, but some of my most memorable times leaving have been when I went alone.
    Pedro Meadows likes this.
  20. Tim Member

Ben, have your travels ever taken you to Belgium? I'm going with my family for Christmas/New Years, and I've heard from people who loved it and from people who hated it. So, I have no idea what I'm in for, and I'm trying to generate some idea of what to expect.