Electric President s/t vinyl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carnival bird, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Gabbers Member

Mine just went off to market. I made the mistake of scratching one behind the ear and growing attached :(
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

Oh :( well, I'm sure he'll be very tasty.
  3. Gabbers Member

He tastes like love :)
  4. carnival bird New Member

dang! Thanks for checking for me though, im still mad i didnt see one of those 10 copies you sold in your store. Some day i will own this vinyl though!
  5. Craig Member

Incase you are still after a copy: http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Electric-President-st/84416022?ev=bp_titl

I searched for two years trying to find a copy of this and then picked up two in the same month. This vinyl is beyond rare, trust me on that, so I'm pretty sure it wont last long. I would buy it myself if I didn't already have two copies :)
  6. carnival bird New Member

I'm definitely still after a copy and thanks for the link, but unfortunately I don't live in the UK so it gets kinda pricey. But I'll keep looking and maybe come back to that one. Where did you find your copies?
  7. Craig Member

Hey, no prob. It is a little expensive at $53US including postage, but rare is rare. I found a near mint copy through the same site from a dealer in Denmark for about twice the price this guy is asking and then was thrilled to score a sealed copy from Ben during his sale. Outside of that, I have only seen one other copy come up in the last two years and that was on ebay in the US, which I missed out on. I was in contact with a about five different vinyl dealers in the US and UK at one point and none of them could source a copy - that might give you an idea of how rare it is. As it was pressed in Europe, I think you will have less chance of finding a copy in the US (if that's where you are), but either way Discogs is the best site to find vinyl in my opinion. I'm in Australia, so I had to bite the bullet and cough up for postage :confused: Anyhoo, goodluck with your search. I will probably buy that copy anyway, as my working copy is getting a thrashing these days.
  8. carnival bird New Member

Yeah I've been e-mailing record companies now for a while too, but I went back to check discogs again tonight and another vinyl copy was posted! and this one was from the US with a very affordable price so I bought that one instantly! Thanks for your help though, I probably wouldn't have been checking back at discogs tonight if you hadn't posted today. I'm so excited, I've been waiting for this record for so long!
    Craig likes this.
  9. Craig Member

Haha, good for you! Who would've expected that?! Glad to have helped also
  10. hughesypf Active Member

I'd definitely be interested in getting this as it would be the last piece of my Electric President vinyl collection! I'm not very familiar with discogs and record buying in general though, so I have noticed something that you might be able to help with. It says 'Sleeve Condition: Generic'. Does this mean it is in a plain black/white sleeve or does it just mean the original sleeve?
  11. Craig Member

Hi mate. Pretty sure it just means the regular sleeve as issued, but you may want to double check with the seller. Also ask if it is still sealed and if the poster it came with is still inside the sleeve. It is listed as "mint" so I would expect it should be as new if not sealed. That seller has pretty solid feedback, so you should feel pretty confident with the purchase. Good luck :)
  12. OpheliaCorpKl New Member

Merry Christmas is the fourth studio album and first Christmas album by American singer Mariah Carey. Released by Columbia Records on November
  13. hughesypf Active Member

Thanks for the advice Craig. I asked the seller when after you suggested it but they were a bit vague and it sounded like it didn't have the original sleeve. Anyway, I decided to think about but today I looked and it had been sold. Oh well.

By the way, does anyone have any idea what the post above this is? Is it a real person 'trolling' or have the bots developed a liking for Mariah Carey?
  14. Corvus Member

It's a bot.
  15. ben Administrator

I like the idea that the robots love Mariah Carey. It makes a certain kind of sense.
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  16. MagicalZebra Active Member

The frequencies she produces just do it for them in a way that nobody else can.
  17. hughesypf Active Member

I found it strange how it wasn't really directly adverting anything. Its like a rogue bot that's broken free from its job and decided to spread its passion for Mariah Carey :D
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  18. MagicalZebra Active Member

19. carnival bird New Member

well the search is back on for this record! after i paid and everything on discogs the person told me they couldn't find the record and gave me a refund. this is the 3rd time i've paid for this record online and was then told they didn't have it haha, but i will not give up!
  20. carnival bird New Member

Hi again! This is kind of a bump for this thread. Since I started this, I think I've found this record 6 times from online record stores in Italy, Switzerland, and the UK and they've all told me they are out of stock once I place the order. I haven't been able to get one on discogs or eBay either. So here's another plea for help in finding it!

If anyone here is willing to sell/trade it, that would be awesome, or maybe point me in the right direction of some obscure record label in some foreign country that has managed to keep a few of 'em in stock! In all my years of vinyl hunting, a record has never evaded me for so long. Thanks!!