Branches Preorder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedro Meadows, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Pedro Meadows Member

Is it just me or is the store messing up? After I have input all my info it gives me an error. It keeps signing me up for the mailing list though, and I'm already a part of that. I just want to get a special edition bundle for the vinyl. Also the paypal button doesn't work (for me).

And while i'm on the subject, it says "Family Tree: The Roots" at the top in one of the sections.

Anyways I just want to see if this is strictly an issue for me, or if anyone else is experiencing it. I tried ordering through chrome and safari to no avail.
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

Well there's maintenance on the store now, I'm sure ben can fix it seeing how much usually goes wrong with the site anyway
  3. JeffreyC Member

I've been having the same issue - yesterday and today. Also, the paypal link doesn't work, just sends you in a loop back to the same page.
    I also tried calling the 877 # yesterday, but sat on hold way to long :(. I'd love to get this ordered Ben!
  4. JamesJ New Member

Does anyone know if the lithograph and poster included with the pre-order are the same as the ones included with the VIP ticket package to the upcoming shows? I'm assuming they are...
  5. Carrie Potter Member

I just placed my order and it went through, yippee!! 5th time's the charm! I should probably check my account to make sure I didn't get charged 5 times... haha.
    Pedro Meadows likes this.
  6. Random Letters New Member

Shipping outside the US is PRICEY...for the vinyl bundle shipping is $16. $15 for the CD bundle (vs $8.50 at Amazon). I'd love to support Ben through his web store and get the swag that comes with the bundle, but the shipping prices are atrocious. I'm in Canada BTW, not Darkest Peru.
  7. Pedro Meadows Member

I placed my order yesterday with paypal and it all worked fine.

I totally agree that the shipping prices do seem relatively high. Within the US the shipping for vinyl was around $10 making my preorder bundle come in shy of $40 with tax, which kind of sucks, but I'd rather give the money to Ben than buy it through Amazon (even though I get free shipping because of prime). Still, I'd rather the vinyl cost more and the shipping was less, I don't know if that makes sense, but something about paying $10 for shipping is a little irksome. I think the store said if you register you get cheaper shipping prices, but I didn't have the option to register until after I bought the bundle, so I don't know if that's the case or not. Anyways, it's hardly worth dwelling on because the new album is coming out soon, and I'll definitely be listening to it enough to get my $37 worth out if it!
    Craig likes this.
  8. Craig Member

Shipping to Australia was $26.95 for me (2 x vinyl plus 1 CD), and that was for the slow service. Interestingly, that could feed a whole family for 6 months in South East Asia :(
  9. neonbible Member

Also depending on how they mark the value on the packages you may be liable to pay import tax and fees on top of that.

Will there be a European distributor?
  10. MagicalZebra Active Member

I think we have to just understand that Ben is not a huge selling artist, he runs his own record label, and compensating for a low shipping cost is not going to be easy. However, the fact that he runs Bearmachine and has control over his work means we can be as connected as we are. Posters are cool, but I would rather have to buy the CD from amazon if that meant I could chill with Ben on his forum.
  11. Corvus Member

I believe Ben is signed to Nettwerk Music Group for the release of The Branches, although I don't know the details.
  12. MagicalZebra Active Member

That makes a lot of sense, but Nettwerk is pretty small too.
  13. ben Administrator

Yep. A lot of the shipping issues is due to scale. I always tell people to just get whatever works best for them, and whatever is the most affordable. You are supporting me no matter what, and while I really appreciate you trying to make sure I see the most of it, just increasing my numbers through bigger outlets has its own benefits. I try to keep my costs down as best I can, but I don't move enough volume to ever get much slack on shipping.

And the deal I have with Nettwerk is a licensing deal, in that I make everything the way I always do, but they help me manufacture and distribute it. The amount of time it takes to set all that up is kind of overwhelming with just me, a manager and my sister. And it winds up taking me out for months to get a release together. I'd rather spend that time writing, recording or putting together a show, so I'm splitting my profits from sales for that free time. But Nettwerk is a smaller label where you can really talk to everyone directly. So it hasn't been jarring or invasive in any way. I think I have found a good/manageable middle ground. But there are going to be some kinks to work out. The timing of these tours was maybe not the smartest. But I will figure it out.
  14. neonbible Member

I can understand this side of it is the worst part of being a musician :D

What is the difference between selecting North America and International? Is it purely to calculate shipping costs? Will all items be shipped from US? Just need to factor in import fees, as the tax free allowance in UK is £15. Even without postage costs, it's already above the limit. So want to know if the item will be shipped from the EU.
  15. coffee Member

Ben, with the vinyl pre-orders (or with any order I suppose), will there be a way to download the album in a lossless format? Clearly the CD could be ripped, but I was hoping to get lossless files somehow with the vinyl package. I'm a nerd for finding all my favorite work in Flac/WAV/etc.
  16. Pedro Meadows Member

^in addition:
    v0 or 320kbps option would be cool
  17. neonbible Member

The vinyl is up for pre-order on Amazon UK. I've put my order in. Shame I'll miss out on the deluxe bundle.

Will pick up the CD as well at some point too as the digibook looks great.
  18. dogbert Member

Looks like the cheapest postage to the UK is actually more expensive than the limited edition deluxe CD pack, which is what I wanted. I take it that one won't be available on Amazon.co.uk? Did the UK webstore get taken offline? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Oh well, can't wait to hear the album I'll be getting it on iTunes no matter what :)
  19. neonbible Member

Just read Ben's latest newsletter. So the album can be ordered here for European customers - https://radicalface.tmstor.es/

That means no import duties. I'll cancel my pre-order with Amazon and get it from here.

Is there any point in getting the Deluxe editions for both Vinyl and CD?
    MagicalZebra and dogbert like this.
  20. dogbert Member

You sir, just won yourself 100 internets, congrats :)

And thanks for the heads up :D