Ben's "Always Gold" music video + Announcement of new EP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corvus, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Corvus Member

Craig likes this.
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

It was kind of cheesy, i loved it!
  3. Eduardo Brown New Member

Great video!
    Is it suppose to be a continuity from the A Pound of Flesh music video?
  4. Marcus New Member

As always, this was gold. :)
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  5. Craig Member

6. hughesypf Active Member

Ah i've been waiting for news about the Always Gold EP since Ben posted the cover on another thread :http://old.radicalface.com/forum/index.php?threads/art-website.145/
    Loving the video :) The newest videos seem to be more literal like a story (i guess they have more of a story behind them)

Nice to see they've got a track listing there, Echoes sure sounds interesting!
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  7. MagicalZebra Active Member

I'm really excited that Wandering's gonna be on it. I think that's probably on my top 10 ben songs!
  8. Craig Member

Agreed - Not heard that title before, so hope it's a new track! Also hope it comes out in a physical format (vinyl/cd).

Yeah, it's an absolute ripper of a song. Pretty sure Wandering first appeared on this album back in 2009:

http://www.morrmusic.com/artist/Various Artists/release/118

It's actually a really great album with a couple of sweet Electric President tracks on it. It's really worth buying (I have it on vinyl) if you want a physical copy of the track.
  9. Corvus Member

I bought those tracks a while back to complete my Electric President song collection. You Forget and White Noise are so great, it's a shame they aren't well known.
  10. ben Administrator

I have the youtube version of this public now:

kako likes this.
  11. ben Administrator

And the EP is really just a way to get some of these songs more available. I'm still learning how all of this works, but it apparently helps to make certain releases more "official" as far as getting them into all of the databases that are out there now. Echoes is the only song previously unreleased. And the original version of Always Gold, I guess (just acoustic guitar and piano ... different key).
  12. MagicalZebra Active Member

Do you know yet how much it's going to cost?
  13. ben Administrator

I would like it to be $3, since it's digital only, but I'm trying to see how flexible places like itunes are with pricing. They might force it to $5.

I also plan to just give it away to anyone on the mailing list, since it's only 1 totally new recording, but I have to first find out if it's an issue with the distributors and such.

I'm still learning how much wiggle room I have with all these channels and doing it myself.
  14. MagicalZebra Active Member

I don't have itunes, but i'd definitely be ready to pay $5 for it. How do I join the mailing list?
  15. hughesypf Active Member

I think there was a place to sign on to it on the 'splash screen' (I think its called something like that :)) for the release of The Roots. Wouldn't be sure where to find it now though.
  16. Matt New Member

Argh. That new song is killer. Great clip, sad and introspective, or at least thats how I viewed it. Really beautiful, honest song.
    You have to get to Australia mate.
  17. MagicalZebra Active Member

Which new song?
  18. Matt New Member

Always Gold - sorry, its new to me.
  19. MagicalZebra Active Member

Ah right, I was confused for a second :p
  20. Soapbar New Member

Are you still going to continue with 'The Bastards' EPs? The two All is Well songs are two of my favourites songs you've ever done!