FOOOOOOOOOOOOOD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrImSoGreat, Jul 31, 2012.

1. MrImSoGreat Member

Just seeing if there's any interest in talking about some food on here, because I'm somewhat of a foodie. I wanna know what you've been eating lately that's out of the ordinary for you.

As for me... Lately I've been digging on some Thai curry. Yellow curry to be exact.
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

Never tried yellow curry, but thai green curry is one of my favourite things. Ever!

The other day my brother and I cooked together for the first time. We made penne pasta+cheese sauce+bacon and it was delectable.
    quasar-2009 likes this.
  3. Jellypuddie New Member

I eat anything available, but then I LOVE curry! That curry, green curry, indian curry(not sure which), nonya curries!
  4. kako Member

Damn, I wish I had two stomach to eat more.. I really want to try indian dishes but I can't bear spicy food. I'm literally dying with pepper !
    I really love all these dishes : http://www.cuisine-france.com/recipes/index.htm and cooking them too haha :D
  5. dogbert Member

I'm a real fan of Indian and Chinese food, especially Indian curries (Jalfrezi or Masaledar are probably my two Indian favourites). I once went to an Indian wedding, which was great fun and the food was amazing :D

I actually enjoy eating most things, the only food I will run a mile to avoid is mushrooms. They're my kryptonite.
  6. MagicalZebra Active Member

I severely dislike mushrooms, courgette and any kind of seafood (except tuna). Aubergines are also a no-no. Basically and kind of slimy food puts me off.
  7. kako Member

haha but it's soo good ! :D I really appreciate Tuna, especially in japanese dishes.
  8. Eduardo Brown New Member

Okay. Now I got to eat, and I'm in the midle of a college class... ;(
  9. Eduardo Brown New Member

Now that i'm not hungry to talk about it, i love to eat roasted potatos filled with bacon. Also tacos, man I love tacos..
  10. jwalker Member

I can confirm the delectableness of the aforesaid pasta. Could have done with eating less bacon before putting the rest in the sauce, though. Not enough bacon in the sauce.
  11. MagicalZebra Active Member

But we'd already eaten the other bacon so it's not like we wasted any bacon. We had our bacon quotiant. You didn't even finish yours, anyway.
  12. kako Member

I never eat bacon...
  13. MagicalZebra Active Member

That's a shame. Bacon is one of the 8 wonders of the world.
    jwalker likes this.
  14. kako Member

That's because you never tasted mussels in wine !!! :D
  15. jwalker Member

Are mussels the ones you just slide down your throat raw?
  16. neonbible Member

They are oysters.

Mussels with frites, yum!!
  17. kako Member

Yep it's oysters ! Really strange, but good too haha
  18. ben Administrator

I am definitely a food person. I like food more than most things. And I have the stomach to prove it. Hahaha. But really, trying new restaurants and hunting down good food is really fun for me.

In Jacksonville, there's a lot of Thai food. I mostly just eat groceries (weight lifting schedule), but when I eat out it's Thai almost half the time. Also, living on the ocean, there's lots of good seafood. But it spoils you. I don't really order seafood, and especially sushi, if I'm inland. Living on the shore has made me a snob. Hahaha.

I was just in Portland the other day, and I really love how much street food they have. I wish more places did that. I had some really awesome Indian food from a cart, and for $6 was more than I could eat in a sitting.
  19. kako Member

My mother went to Le mont St Michel one week ago and she came back with spider crab, crab and lobster (and many other fish) ! We were overjoyed haha :D
    " trying new restaurants and hunting down good food " I totally agree with this. Sometimes you go in a little restaurant in a little street but in the end it's delicious !

In my town we have some restaurants or bar with a lot of spanish speciality. It's really plaisant to go there with friends !
  20. ben Administrator

I got to go there when touring in Europe last time. It was awesome.

And yeah, finding little secret food spots is super fun. It's like a treasure hunt. Only you get to eat the treasure.
    kako likes this.