Welcome Home @ The Olympics?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jamie, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Jamie New Member

So I use Twitter quite a lot and every now and then I search Radical Face and see if there are any more fans I can discuss Ben's music with. However, upon searching last night some people appeared to have heard the song Welcome Home being played at the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics. I couldn't catch the ceremony, so can anyone confirm that Welcome Home was indeed played at the closing ceremony? Thankyou.
  2. i didnt catch it either, but im bumping this thread for interest. id be amazed if ben got played at the freaking olympics!
  3. Corvus Member

4. NewEyes New Member

Yeah, can't quite remember when but I definitely saw an olympic montage to welcome home at some point
  5. ben Administrator

Yeah, I think it was. My friend who lives in London wrote me about it. With the BBC, they don't specifically ask permission. You just add songs to their catalogue that they can use if they want, so I never really know about it.

But it's funny to me how much people like that song in Europe. It never got much notice anywhere else, but it keeps coming back over there. Maybe it's just a very European sounding song? Hahaha.
  6. Corvus Member

When I was visiting the UK, the Nikon commercial came on constantly, so I think a lot of people have heard it.
  7. ben Administrator

I'm glad it doesn't play in the US. Otherwise I'd run into it. Hahaha. Though, I guess I don't have television, so maybe not.
  8. Eduardo Brown New Member

Well I've found Radical Face because of Nikon commercial here in Brasil, I liked what I heard and wanted to listen to more stuff like that. So I googled it and discovered Radical Face.
    Nikon commercial, appears quite often (or appeared back then, I don't watch much TV anymore).
  9. MagicalZebra Active Member

The whole reason I know about any of your work is the Nikon commercial, my brother heard the song and introduced me to "Ghost". Then I slowly began my love affair with all of the Ben projects. Haha. But yeah, a substantial amount of your fans started on the Nikon advert (I think). I suppose now with Perks of Being a Wallflower the same thing's happening.
  10. Thrice Member

The Nikon commercial plays here in Mexico as well. Although I did not originally hear you for the first time there. I found it on an awesome bike movie trailer.

Still I would love to know how it makes you feel that your music reaches so many people on an emotional level? Its always tied to some visual that someone wants to enhance some emotion to it. Do you think about this when you write? Trying to replicate something within welcome home? I know it must mean a lot to you, but you always talk about it in here in a very casual way haha. Would love to hear some comments from you on that part.

On another note, here is the vid that introduced me to your music.
  11. kako Member

I read that on Fb !! (fan page of your beard :p) but I didn't watch the Closing ceremony .. It seems that it was fabulous !
  12. hughesypf Active Member

I can't remember it being played as part of the actual ceremony, my guess is that it was used in the background of one of the 'emotional montages' that the BBC seemed to be playing like every 10 minutes. I wish I'd seen it, I always get excited when I hear it played anywhere, it kinds catches you by surprise :D
  13. Jamie New Member

I think it's so popular here in Europe because of the Nikon ad, people often ask what the name of the song in the commercial is.