The Branches stream

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corvus, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Corvus Member

2. coffee Member

Man, this makes me happy.

I don't think my patience will win out. I'll still get a different experience hearing it on vinyl...and while watching the snow fall, and while walking around in new fall leaves, and while nighttime driving in the city, and while--well you get the picture.
  3. Corvus Member

I do get the picture... I totally get the picture.
    quasar-2009 likes this.
  4. quasar-2009 Member

5. hughesypf Active Member

Ahhh, your description is making me even more excited about Branches than before! I'm undecided on whether to listen to the stream though.:)

Edit: Seems the decision has been made for me, when I hover over the Soundcloud box it says not available in the U.K :( Later release, no Bastards on spotify and now this! Ah well, the wait will make finally listening to it sweeter.
  6. Tim Member

It's fantastic!
  7. neonbible Member

Install this plugin for your browser - https://hola.org/

Working fine in the UK!
  8. Pedro Meadows Member

I'm just finishing up the album stream for the first time right now, I gotta say I'm really enjoying it. My first impression right off the bat is that this album definitely has a much more modern sound than the roots does (this is not a good or a bad thing, just an observation). The album definitely has a flow and feel to it, I'm really excited to listen to it over and over again after it's release and really let it sink in. I'm really interested to listen to the lyrics and follow the stories as they crossover from the roots (and presumably the short story treasure hunts as well). I noticed a lot of piano on this album as well, and it sounds different stylistically to the piano I've heard on previous songs. All in all, I can tell I've barely touched the surface of this new record, and I can tell I'm going to really enjoy discovering all the details in this album. Great work Ben!
  9. hughesypf Active Member

Haha, yeh I did think about using some sort of proxy server, I may still wait for the record though, or I might get tempted to listen tonight.
  10. Carrie Potter Member

I too gave in and listened to the album a few times... so good. Can't wait for my CD to come in so I can listen to it over and over again. You always blow me a way, Ben! Thanks thanks. Good luck with the tour, take a short break, then finish up Clone, pretty please! (Needy fan... I'm sorry haha)
  11. Nomel New Member

I love Ben's music very much (Electric President change my music live), but for me, "Roots" was little boring...it's just my opinion. "Branches", also for me, rather interesting from the first seconds!! Although I'm still waiting for a new "EP" album every day :rolleyes: And Ben, where is "Clone"?I listened to the "Preview" a million times.
  12. MagicalZebra Active Member

Hey, everyone likes different stuff. It sounds to me like you prefer the more modern sounding things if Electric President had such an effect on you. The story of The Family Tree spans a timeline, so The Roots is crafted to sound pretty old, but The Branches is a bit more contemporary. What do you think of Ghost?
  13. Nomel New Member

You're right, I prefer the more modern music, therefore Ghost is not my favorite album, but, for example, I love The Bastards: Volume One (not Two again) so much! At all my favorite song by Ben as Radical Face is The Deserter's Song, it is awesome. That is my preference at all so strange =\ But I'm not impose their. :)
  14. neonbible Member

Listened to this early so that I am fairly familiar with the album before I see Ben in November. Just prefer it when I know the songs better.

Loving it! Although that's of no surprise really. Perfect album for Autumn/Fall.

Production of the album sounds great on earphones. Can't wait to receive the vinyl version and blast it on my hifi haha.
  15. Corvus Member

[IMG]
    It's here!
  16. Matthew Farmer New Member

I'm really digging it so far. 3 tracks in and reminds me of 1966 folk/pop music around that time.