Thank you Ben!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Samuels, Apr 2, 2012.

1. David Samuels New Member

I'm new to this forum, but I have been a huge fan of Mr. Cooper since I was a junkyard dog practicing backflips from a "Junkyard Chandelier".

I've been able to cope through some cumbersome times while using your music has as a soothing soundtrack to escape the boiling waters that never seem to fizzle out in my past days.

Thanks You+Much Respect.

Has anyone else out there ever sailed in this wind?
  2. ben Administrator

Thanks, David. It's really something to hear you can be of some help, no matter how small. It consistently makes me smile.
  3. Hadewijch New Member

I have the same experience with your music. I discovered Ghost 2 years ago and it's becoming more and more important to me. I came to your show in the AB (Brussels), on my own, to experience the music to the fullest. What David is saying is a bit the same for me - listening to your music is deriving comfort from it and feeling hope and sadness at the same time. Really, wow. I speak Dutch so I cannot really say in English what I want to say but just - thank you.
  4. ben Administrator

Oh, thank you for coming. And you know, it's kind of the same thing for me in making the music. I'm often times taking sad or dark things and trying to make something good from them. So maybe that's where the hope ties in. But it's always pretty awesome to find that some of what goes into it comes out for someone who listens. It's one reason I love it as a medium.
    Pedro Meadows likes this.
  5. Soapbar New Member

I remember when I first heard Ghost (in fact just Asleep on a Train and Welcome Home to begin with!) and I was just blown away. I'd just never really heard anything like it before, and I still haven't. At the time I was going through some rough times and Ghost was the soundtrack for a really important part of my life where I changed a lot, both the way I thought and way I acted. The lines in Winter is Coming were just so striking to me, they epitomised the point I was trying to get to (forgetting past mistakes/accepting and leaving them behind)
    "if I could put it back, fill in all the cracks, nothing there I wouldn't change
    but wishing never helps, wishing never helps
    wishing never solved a thing"
    So I'd just say big thank you too. Ghost is unlike anything I've ever heard :)
  6. ben Administrator

Thank you for letting me know. It's still pretty crazy to me that something I make can have any legitimate impact on a person, but it's awesome to hear.