Sad Business

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedro Meadows, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Pedro Meadows Member

Hey Ben,
    I just wanted to post this here. A few years back while I was visiting my mom, I played Sad Business on guitar. It soon became one of her favorite songs, and always requested I play it. Shortly thereafter I played her the recording of the song and she would listen to it in the car (as part of a mix cd I made for her). I remember when the Branches came out, I was listening to it pretty much nonstop, and I decided to play it for her. She had been diagnosed with cancer at this point, and I remember listening to songs like We All Go The Same, and Letters Home, with her, and she started to cry. Not the whimpering sort of crying, but the tears that come from a place of beauty, melancholy tears. She listened to the branches a lot after that. I think it helped her cope with her own mortality, I know it helped me cope with it. She was such a tremendous fan of your work and I just wanted you to know, your songs are larger than life. They helped give a dying woman a greater sense of peace before she passed away, and I want to thank you for that. Thank you Ben.
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

It's good to know she was at peace. You did a simple, amazing thing for her.
  3. Corvus Member

That is so sweet. My grandmother died of cancer back in April, and Ben's music made her quite happy in her final months.

Thank you Ben for your gifts to the people of Earth.