Project Filmbox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrice, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Thrice Member

Anybody here participating in it. I got an e-mail recently from the organizers saying a friend of Ben Cooper was participating as well.

Would love to know who else is currently involved in this, its pretty awesome.
  2. ben Administrator

Oh, yeah. My friend Destyn did a really cool video for that. I wonder why they mentioned me, though. Hahaha.

The project is definitely a cool idea. Wonder how it'll turn out.

-Ben
  3. Thrice Member

Awesome! I am participating in it as well, and they selected my film for the final full feature. Still, they sent me an e-mail yesterday asking if I could change one of the songs on my video (Wrapped in Piano Strings), they told me a friend of Ben was using it for another project. I had it cleared with Rachel, but I guess they decided it was easier for me to change it. Crazy coincidence haha.

Anyway, now I'm thinking about using Glory. Its a very powerful song, and I didn't want to use it just yet, but I guess the situation has changed now. Should I go over it with Rachel? As you probably already know, there is no budget involved and no revenue coming out of the project.

Here is a trailer for our film:
  4. ben Administrator

Yeah, there's no problem using another song. Glory would be fine. I think Destyn is using Wrapped In Piano Strings and Let the River In.

And definitely a funny coincidence. Small world, as they say. And cool trailer, btw. This looks like it was a fun project.
  5. Thrice Member

Thanks Ben! I honestly thought I was being original with the song choice of Wrapped In Piano Strings, thought it wasn't the obvious choice, but its actually cool we where on the same wavelength with probably very different imagery.

And yes, I feel we had more fun doing it than what actually turned out, but I guess thats what its all about, the experience.

Btw, I'm excited about the Artist Series, but I think I'm picking up a Bear Machine T-Shirt and a Roots LP.

Oh and someone needs to use the Iron Orchestra material for a proper film production, let me know if it has been done or if there are any new songs to come from that.