Music for a stop motion short movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clockworkbananaz, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Clockworkbananaz New Member

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if some Ben's music was « free of rights », I mean, could be used freely for non-commercial purposes ? ( I am french, I hope you will understand what I am writing... )
    I am asking this question because I am 20, I am studiying sound engineering and cinema, and I would like to work in animation cinema. So, I am beginning to direct some short stop motion movies on my own. I have already shot a little one, in my bedroom, using a music I do not own the rights for. I do not really mind it, because it is a little personnal movie, I did it just for myself ( by the way, I used the song Leaves ( Patients ) for the making of ). But the next one I am going to direct, with some friends, I would like to do something bigger, and maybe send it to some film festivals.

I am a real fan of Ben's music, but that is not the only reason I would like to use his music. There is something in Ben's music that I try to recreate in my movies. I don't know how to explain that, but when you listen to his music, you feel like he created it to tell you a story, and to share his feelings with you. His music seems to be made of feelings. I guess it should be the case of every musics in the world, but actually, I only have this feeling for Ben's music.

I know that music is rarely free of rights, but with every Ben's projects ( Radical Face, Electric President, Patients, and others... ), I have come to ask myself if some of those songs could be.

If you want to take a look at my first stop motion movie, here it is, I would like to have some opinions about it. I made it on my own in my bedroom, so just try not to be too critical !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYdoFnmBY-4