Karaoke support?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrImSoGreat, Oct 27, 2012.

1. MrImSoGreat Member

Hey Ben, I was wondering if you would be willing or able to release some instrumentals for karaoke purposes. I've been thinking about it but didn't actually consider asking you yourself until just now. What do?
  2. ben Administrator

Yeah, I have instrumentals. Which tracks are you looking for?
  3. MrImSoGreat Member

Oh, man, I would take anything you've got haha. But if I had to name some...

We Were Never Built to Last
    Some Crap About the Future
    Metal Fingers
    Grand Machine No. 12
    Ether
    Robophobia
    Lullaby
    Voice of Our Age
    It's An Ugly Life
    Safe and Sound
    Feathers
    Elegant Disasters
    Eat Shit and Die
    Haunted
    The Strangest Things
    Winter Is Coming
    Tall Tale No. 5
    Sleepwalking
    Wearing Influences on Our Sleeve-less T-Shirts
    Family Portrait
    The Coldest Hands
    Black Eyes
    Severus and Stone
    The Moon is Down
    The Dead Waltz
    Always Gold

Anything at all would be amazing though, sorry about the long list. And while I was typing them out... I was wondering... What prompted the title of 'Eat Shit and Die'? It just seems so different compared to the other titles on The Violent Blue. I have always wondered because it always stuck out for me. Thanks again, Ben.

Oh, I meant to ask a while back... Do you happen to have any spare physical discs from the Patients release? I couldn't send anything in the mail in time. I know it's a long shot hah.
  4. hughesypf Active Member

Ooh, speaking of instrumentals is there chance of you giving out some stems also? I guess they probably take a bit more effort but I thought i'd mention it :). I'm not after a specific song either, its just interesting to see what the tracks are 'made of'.
  5. ben Administrator

6. ben Administrator

Nope. Those are long gone. Only made a hundred.

I was gonna send some stems out to the mailing list soon. I'm just behind on a bunch of stuff right now because I suck at scheduling and I'm slow when I'm sick. So yes, I will send some more pretty soon.
  7. MrImSoGreat Member

Oh man, thank you so much, Ben. This is great.
  8. hughesypf Active Member

Ok cool, theres no rush, I'm you've got much more important things on the go. Also, do you know if you still have the other stems that you gave out before (Doorways and Violent Blue I think it might have been) up on the server anywhere? I seem to have misplaced them while transferring files from one PC to another.
  9. ben Administrator

10. hughesypf Active Member

11. Husky110 New Member

something seems to be wrong either with the server or my internetconnection.
    when i download the instrumentals it stops every 10-20 MB and seems to loose connection. not sure if the server disconnects me or the internet-connection between europe and america are messed up
  12. ben Administrator

Hmmm. That could be on my end. Is anyone else having similar trouble? If so, I may need to update my web package. I think I might be taxing it.
  13. Husky110 New Member

ben when I have you online right now, i have real trouble finding an instrumental or an pianosheet for ghost towns and i can't play guitar. is it online inside the roots-pack or maybe u can upload one?

p.s.: right now i can download by going through JDownloader by disable and re-enable after it looses connection. but i had the same problem with firefox tho
  14. ben Administrator

I'm about to upload the stems of Ghost Towns tonight. I don't have sheet music, but maybe just having the separate pieces will be enough.
  15. Husky110 New Member

that would be great!
    thanks again :)
  16. Husky110 New Member

Hey ben,
    There where some questions in my mind which I want to ask you before I have to go to bed (it's 00:43 here...):
    1.) How do you feel about other people covering your songs? Not in the commercial way, just that there are people out there kinda like "sharing" your thoughts.
    2.) What do you think about the idea of starting a "Cover-Thread" where people can link their covers they've made (and maybe get an oppinion from the creator himself if he has time ;) and sees an idea he likes ) so everyone in this forum can hear them. Cause you're giving a good amout of work away here and that might be a way to give you something back.
    3.) Can you tell me the story that lead you to write Ghost Towns? This one realy catches me and I am curious how it got up. :)
    4.) In which measures was Ghost Towns written and in how many bpms it is played? I think about adding some stuff of my own using guitar pro here and there those stats would realy help. (I just do this stuff for fun and for friends to make them happy, cause I am a singer too. But I am to dumb to play an instrument good and I never play or perform in public.)
  17. Husky110 New Member

hey ben,
    i know you are busy, but have you uploaded those stems already?
  18. ben Administrator

19. Husky110 New Member

okay. i repost them there so they make sense.
    and thank you :)
  20. Husky110 New Member

Dude those files are realy great! Thank you so much!