Crazy Weird Dreams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagicalZebra, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MagicalZebra Active Member

I know sometimes it's incredibly boring to talk about your dreams. But Ben seems to enjoy it seeing as there's a whole Electric President album about them.

But anyway, I had a Ben-specific dream last night. It didn't make any sense, but very few do. The world was going to end, not for any particular reason. Ben had a special way of recording music which we had to preserve through the apocalypse, but I couldn't find him. His real name was actually "Ben Hermite", not Cooper, and eventually he buried all of his recording equipment and the method in a forest. I took a look at his stuff and it turned out he recorded sound with a NES console, an old VCR and some other stuff. And that's how Ben's recording equipment survived the apocalypse.

I also once had a dream where I died and everything started to get kind of warm. I think it might have been a very mild edition of hell.
    Pedro Meadows and kako like this.
  2. Corvus Member

Ooh, I have one. I had a dream that I got my hands on an early copy of The Branches (except it had been renamed "The Drums"). Presumably it was leaked because it was in a zip archive, and the track names were things like "the_scarecrow_finaltake.wav". I listened to the entire thing several times in the dream, but when I woke up I only remembered a few things about it. One of the tracks sounded like "Deserter's Song", and there was an Electric President style song, but it was a rough take, so it sounded like an early 2000s Radical Face song. The last song on the album was the humming at the end of "A Pound of Flesh", except evolved into a 40 second instrumental.

It was awesome, the album had a very unique sound to it. I guess I'm just excited for The Branches...
    kako likes this.
  3. MagicalZebra Active Member

It's pretty cool how you can create a whole album in your dream from a patchwork of things you've heard in real life.
  4. kako Member

haha I love my dream when famous people are here, because I recognize them but they aren't like in real life. It makes me crazy ! I can remember a lot of my dreams so I started to write them in a notebook and when I found one really strange I try to understand him with a book about dreams that my mom bought :p.
    Sometimes I can control my dream.. It's really strange but for exemples, I know that when I want to wake up I have to jump over a fence.. I also can fly in almost my dreams. It's pretty easy actually and it's so realistic that sometime I want to jump into the space to try hahaha.
    I love dream, it's your world and your imagination ! I started to try to change my dreams when I was little... We all have this moment when you run but you're too slow or you're fighting someone but your shots doesn't hurt ! So everytime I thought 'faster, faster' and it happens that now I can really run...
    Does anybody who think like me or have tried this too ?
  5. Fabh Member

Yes Kako, those dreams when you can change what happens are called lucid dreams. One year ago, after reading websites about it, I tried to do some, but I never succeed, and a few months ago (during June if I well remember), I did 3, but I don't succeed to do lucid dreams anymore... In the first dream, I was peacefully uprooting trees with my hands (I wanted to recreate a Game of Thrones artwork in my dream...) when I saw a building and though "This building wasn't here 2 minutes ago. But all is well, I'm dreaming. What, I'm dreaming?" . All the things I had read about lucid dreams told that when you realize you are in a dream, you can replace your subconscious and make your own dreams by yourself. That's what I tried to do, and I succeed to change the color of the building, and to fly. In the two other lucid dreams I did, I flew too: flying is an amazing feeling. But when I was asking myself if I can fly until the end of the dream, I stopped flying. It was like my brain was mocking me.

I know it could be weird to read this, but this thread is called "Crazy weird dreams", isn't it? I can't well explain the feeling of doing a lucid dream, someone who never did one can't really understand what it is, and I hope you will have the opportunity to make some, cause it's amazing.
    kako likes this.
  6. MagicalZebra Active Member

I became lucid in a dream once, because I realised I was standing next to my bed when I should have been sleeping in it. But as soon as it happened I woke up :(
    Pedro Meadows likes this.
  7. hughesypf Active Member

Yeh I too first read about lucid dreaming sometime last year. How did you try and get them? Most places seemed to recommend keeping a dream diary (so you're more conscious of your dreams) and regulary questioning your consciousnesses when your awake (that way you will do the same when you are asleep). I managed to do it once and I remember jumping from different planets 'Mario Galaxy' style but actually deciding which ones to go to. I remembered about it again recently and tried it again but to no success.

I find the idea of it (and dreams in general) rather fascinating. Its kinda like a whole other world inside your head. It will be interesting see if Ben's ever lucid dreamed, having written a whole record about dreams I'd consider him a 'dream connoisseur' :)
    kako likes this.
  8. MagicalZebra Active Member

I'd love to see the dream diary Ben wrote for sleep well, but then again, that's personal.
  9. Fabh Member

I'm very lazy, so I didn't try hardly, and I think that's why it didn't work. But when I did the lucid dreams recently, it was the first time by chance, and the two other times because I thought of it very often during the month (I often talked about it with a friend who does strange dreams). I've always wanted to keep a dream diary, but every morning I say "I'll start my dream diary this evening, maybe I'll remember better", and every evening I say "I don't remember well my dreams, I'll start the diary tomorrow". Yes, I'm stupid.
  10. kako Member

Yep, I'm not always writing my dreams because I think the same things lol. But it's quite hard to make lucid dreams.. You have to try to think about it everynight haha
  11. a flicker of light Active Member

This just in! Last night, Ben was in my dream. And it wasn’t one of those strange crazy dreams where I'm in the sky, naked and flying around or anything, no. I'm sure it had something to do with all the themed historical music video's I've been watching of his, because I'm pretty certain it was set in the late 1800's at some point back East. Ben had been leading me some place safe, (I suppose) but there wasn't any discussions at all, but only the sounds of the foliage being brushed aside, and our feet through the thicket.

When I awoke this morning, I had an odd smile on my face. I think it's just how he leads me in his music, I don't know where I am going, but it's no doubt in my mind, to a safe place.

I just thought I’d share.
  12. ben Administrator

Thanks for that. Made me smile. But I think if that were really the case, I'd really just be getting us lost. Hahaha. I don't have much sense of direction, and I'm easily distracted.
  13. Corvus Member

40 second instrumental of humming, anyone?