Clone Release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrImSoGreat, Mar 4, 2013.

1. MrImSoGreat Member

Ben, I love the idea of the thumb drive for Clone and the concept art looks fantastic.

I'm not sure if you've discussed how many tracks or a complete tracklisting, might have been a while back. But I'm super excited... this is like... 4 years in the making.

I would like to know asap when the pre-order starts for this because I will BUY IT WITH ALL MY MONIES.

Sorry if this post seems odd... Lack of sleep.
    Craig likes this.
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

I am very excited. This will be an excellent Ben year!
  3. hughesypf Active Member

Yay, Clone coming soon and a possible U.K tour! And the thumb drives look amazing, I wonder if they will be available on the U.K store?

I don't think there's been a complete track listing but in the description for the preview on youtube it says: "Instead of recording individual tracks, we built the record

with 6 "acts", each ranging from 9 to 14 minutes." And the first one is called 'The Laboratory'.
    Craig likes this.
  4. NewEyes New Member

The thumb drive for Clone looks really cool, great idea. Also excited for a UK tour, awesome.
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  5. mattar Member

I can't wait for clone, The other musician, Rick, is one of my favorite local musicians along with Ben. Y'all should check out his other stuff if you get a chance. He was in a band called Julius Airwave and his solo stuff is released under Rickolous.
  6. Walruz New Member

Ben, will there be a digital release for Clone, or will the thumbdrive be the only way to purchase this music?
  7. Fade New Member

Looking forward to this a lot! I really liked the preview, and the whole project sounds really unique. It sounds awesome! :)
  8. ben Administrator

Thanks, folks. And there are 6 acts total, and each one is built of about 4 movements. It's a long record, actually. And yes, it will be available digitally. The thumb drives are just for collectors, or someone who wants something physical out of it. We aren't producing that many. The initial run is 300. In time, we may print vinyl if there's enough interest, but we'll wait and see on that.

I'm excited to finally get the damn thing out. We've been working on it for ages.
    Craig and MagicalZebra like this.
  9. Woroworu New Member

Ohh, neat.
    Will we be able to pre-order, or no?
    Craig likes this.
  10. Ray New Member

I was just listening to "we're on our way" for the 100th time (still love that track, just seems to get better and better each time) and wondered what the latest news on all things Ben was. Now I find that Clone will be out (soon?), the next Radical Face record is coming along, and possible UK dates as well. Fantastic news, can't wait to get a hold of one of the thumb drives - the design looks awesome. Think you'll have no trouble in shifting the initial run.
  11. Craig Member

Turning blue...can't - hold - breath - any - longer...

Any news on release date, Ben?
    Woroworu likes this.
  12. ben Administrator

It's all basically set up. The products are made and everything. I'm just trying to figure out a good timing with everything.

The biggest hurdle I'm getting over now is how to plan between the business and the creative. I don't do well with them stacked on top of each other, I've found. So if I'm recording a lot, it's hard for me to pay attention to releases. So I'm trying to get a handle on when I will have The Branches wrapped up, or at least really close, so I can make sure Clone is handled correctly. But I have to make sure it doesn't bleed into the release of the Branches, and I also need time to rehearse for shows and such too. As well as making videos, artwork and printing shirts and all that.

So as of now, I'd say Clone will likely happen in July. That's my best window to work on it, before I have to get everything ready for The Branches. But this is assuming I have everything recorded, mixed and mastered for The Branches in June. But I think I will. It's going well as of now.
    Joey Kabar and Craig like this.
  13. dogbert Member

14. ben Administrator

Hahaha. Okay, okay. I'm sorry.
  15. Joey Kabar Member

YOU BEAT ME TO IT ;( At least we got a window to a very close release for clone! I am so excites I can barely contain it. My wallet is not safe this year! Too much Ben goodies :D