Clone is coming September 23rd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corvus, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Corvus Member

Announced here

For clarification:
    "Since Clone is a story-driven album, we've decided to release it a section at a time, one each week. Kinda like the old "Tune in next week to find out what happens to our hero!" radio serials. There are six acts total. We will be taking preorders for the thumbdrives and physical over the course of this unveiling, for those of you who would like to actually own the album."

The first act comes out on the 23rd, and a new act will come every week. When all acts are out, the USB drives with the album on them will be shipped.
  2. a flicker of light Active Member

Oh! Well, this is exciting. I couldn't get to the website here when I saw the annoucment on Facebook, so I knew something was up. I look forward to each installment. :D
  3. hughesypf Active Member

I hate it when Facebook chooses to not show me things like this :( Thanks for the info. I can't believe something that has had years of anticipation is being released tomorrow!
  4. Woroworu New Member

Any news on where it'll be released?
    (btw, just wanted to point out that you 3's pics totally go together.) :p
  5. Nomel New Member

Have bought thumb drive, happy as a child. Amaizing 1 Act ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
  6. Tobi-Wan-Kenobi New Member

is there a possibility that i can pay the thumb drive with paypal? it's not that easy with a card over here in germany :(
  7. hughesypf Active Member

Wow, I thought calling Clone a 'rock opera' was slightly in jest, but towards the end it certainly lives up to that. Bring on Act 2!

Looking at it now, I think when I was thinking of an idea for a profile pic and got an idea, I may have just been thinking of Corvus's existing one. Sorry Corvus! :confused:
  8. neonbible Member

Where has everyone disappeared to?

I just wanted to pop on here to say congrats to Ben and Rick for Clone. What an amazing project!

Really love what they are doing with this - the concept, the multimedia aspect, the release method and physical media. Experimental and brilliant! And thats even before the music, it just keeps getting better with each act and I'm eagerly awaiting the next instalments like an excited kid in front of the radio :)

I have the USB stick pre-ordered too, can't wait!
    quasar-2009 likes this.
  9. quasar-2009 Member

I like it very much too! I think the music in the beginning on the Act 3 is epic
  10. carnival bird New Member

Just got my USB stick, that thing is awesome! Super-nice quality too, it's got a good amount of weight to it. It even includes all of the pieces of each act (vocals, drums, pianos, etc. all separated out). I highly recommend you pick one up if you haven't yet, theres a few other goodies with it too. It's a really great album, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a vinyl copy too if those became available.
  11. Ray New Member

Got my USB stick now as well. It is a beautiful thing! The album itself is of course amazing - both in the creative effort and concept driving it all and the quality of the music.
    Can't recommend this enough.
  12. neonbible Member

Really love the USB stick! It was surprisingly heavier than I was expecting, definite feel of quality there. Love that they included the stems, so may give a remix a go at some point.

I immediately copied the contents onto my PC to backup the data. Will burn to DVD at some point. Anyone else do that? :)

Since the USB contains the album in uncompressed WAV format, I had the idea of joining it up with the video from youtube to get the maximum quality experience. I managed to download the video in full 1080P and then I muxed it to the wav files. Everything is perfectly in sync from the get-go, no fudging. I've tested Act One and it looks and sounds amazing on my home cinema. I'm going to spend one afternoon watching the whole thing end-to-end. Can't wait!