Ben, hope you're well

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Craig Member

Hi mate,

An awfully long time has passed since you, I or many of your devoted have poked our heads in here. I'm so sorry to read on FB that you've had what sounds to have been a pretty shitty time of things over the past twelve months. Whatever it is that has transpired, I hope you'll bounce back and let it fuel you to create more of the wonderful music and verse you're so capable of.

Small solace, but rest assured, your music and writing has been awfully significant part of my life these past years. Time seems to tick by at increasingly rapid rate these days, but any time I feel need of an anchor, your music is there. Tragically corny, I know ;)

Anyhow, I thought I'd mention that I'm thrilled to have finally completed a collection of your released works - it's taken four years of R & D. I had a custom built box made that now holds just about everything you've released in a physical format, including the vinyl and CD's of all your friends that you've produced or been involved with. Damn thing weighs over ten pounds! My OCD/completist inclinations ensured I wouldn't be satisfied until I had first, second and third pressings of all your vinyl and CDs, not to mention random odds and ends, including your earliest Spanish, Dutch, Japanese and German compilation CD's shipped from the four corners of the planet, and don't forget the merch and art. As far as I can tell, I'm only missing Patients and your super early gig CD's, so rest assured, there exists in the Southern Hemisphere a virtually complete and well-guarded archive of everything you've shared. I treasure it!

Hope you're keeping well mate. Don't let the bastards keep you down!

Craig
  2. Fabh Member

Hey, I see I'm not the only one coming here from time to time, to see if there's anything new. We may be silent, but we're still there, waiting to hear (from) you again, Ben !
    Hope you're doing better !
    a flicker of light and Craig like this.
  3. Random Letters New Member

Agreed. I pop by here a coupe of times a month to see if there has been any movement.

I hope that all is well Ben!
    Craig likes this.
  4. dogbert Member

We miss you Ben!
    Craig likes this.
  5. Random Letters New Member

Just a heads up... His Facebook page was updated today and he said that The Bastards vol 4 is imminent!
    Craig likes this.
  6. hughesypf Active Member

Very well said Craig! It may be corny but so true. I'm just glad there's still some of us checking back on the forum every now and then. And you do realise you have created the holy grail of Ben fandom with that box! You should probably put it under heavy security :D

Plus, another update yesterday! Nov 6th release date for the 2 track Bastards Vol. 4 and Leaves released next year.

And to top it all off ' Servants and Kings' has been released off of vol.4.
    Karin and Craig like this.
  7. wheelpy New Member

I can't believe Ben is still alive... (I'm sorry for these words)
    But I am too excited
  8. elve New Member

Hello there :)
    Does anybody know if a physical version of The Bastards will be released ? I'd love to add it to the rest of my Ben Cooper discography !
  9. hughesypf Active Member

Hi elve! In the latest update on the facebook page he doesn't really say whether a physical version is coming. It just says that you'll be able to buy the whole set on Itunes and Amazon. So I guess probably not at the moment, though I'd love a vinyl copy to go with the Family Tree set!
  10. a flicker of light Active Member

Welp, I'm glad someone had started this threat before me, because I was really starting to wonder how you all were doing, as well as Ben. So far, I'm hearing/seeing good things so that sets my mind at ease.