Always Gold acoustic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gavin, May 14, 2013.

1. Gavin New Member

I bought the Always Gold EP off iTunes to get my hands on Echoes and Wandering - turns out that I love the "acoustic" version of Always Gold too. It has three loud pops in it though, is this a dodgy file on iTunes or is that the way it is? (The pops are at 00:14, 01:13 and I think there's another near the end)
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

Sounds like a dodgy audio file to me, I'm not hearing any pops. Is there any way you can re-download it from iTunes?
  3. Gavin New Member

Yeah, you can just delete the track and iTunes allows you to re-download it - tried that, but I still have pops. I also downloaded it directly to my iPad (not syncing it from iTunes) and I still have the same pops so it would seem to me that the version on the iTunes servers has a little corrupted.

Can anyone else who bought it from iTunes confirm? I think there are ways to report it to Apple so that they create a fresh copy of the file.
  4. Clockworkbananaz New Member

I have just bought it on Itunes, and I have the same problem, the three pops at the same moments as yours. So I can confirm the problem comes from Itunes.
  5. Clockworkbananaz New Member

I have sent an email to Itunes Store, and they have paid me back the EP, and they have told me that they are going to try to fix the problem, but they do not know when. Then, they told me to check it in few weeks. It is going to be hard to wait, I think I've fallen in love with this acoustic version !
  6. MagicalZebra Active Member

If ben says it's okay I'll upload the mp3 here until you guys can get it from itunes again
  7. Gavin New Member

I just reported it to iTunes as well (did it before reading Clockworkbanana's post). I noticed you can actually hear one of the pops on the iTunes preview without buying (it's at 00:28) on the preview. I still absolutely love this version of the song.
  8. ben Administrator

Yeah, the pops aren't supposed to be there. Let me know if you still have a funky version. I'll upload a proper one for you, if you haven't already gotten it.
  9. Gavin New Member

Hey Ben, would love a proper version, thanks very much.
  10. ben Administrator

Sure thing. I'm on the road right now, but I'll upload it when I get home from this trip. Middle of next week.
  11. Gavin New Member

Despite growing strangely attached to the pops, I'd still like a clean version :) (sorry to bug you!)
  12. Gavin New Member

Sorry to be a pest but I'd still love a version without the pops, if you can put your hands on it. (PS Saw you in Union Chapel in London, awesome show)