A little tribute from three film students

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clockworkbananaz, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Clockworkbananaz New Member

Hi eveyone.

( I am french, so my english is not really perfect... )
    I am studiying cinema in France. I am really found of Electric President and Radical Face, so I wanted to pay tribute to Ben. I recorded a cover of Insomnia in my bedroom, and with two friends, we decided to shoot a music video for it. Our names are Alix Roques-Genez, Mona Prince, and Etienne Bonnet, and we are 19.
    I only had the chords, so I recorded the instruments in the best way I could. And I am french, so excuse me for my accent...
    We shot the music video in one night, from 9pm to 5am, we were really tired, and so, they are some mistakes in the video, but we could not avoid them.

We did not try to equal the original. No one can. It is a tribute, and we hope you will like it : )

Here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvywuCVUJfw

( If you can, watch it in HD ;) )
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  2. Soapbar New Member

Great video! Really nice version of the song too, what did you use to record the vocals?
  3. Clockworkbananaz New Member

Thank you ! I am very glad that some people like it !
    Well, I used a microphone ( called the Se X1, a pod ( the Line 6 UX2 ), and the software Podfarm 2 ( which works with the Line 6 Ux2 ) to get the effects.
    Most of the choirs ( during the chorus, and the end of the song ) were made with a VST.