New Downloads Section of Store (the branches)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedro Meadows, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Pedro Meadows Member

Hey everyone,
    So I just received my email so I can download my copy of The Branches from the Radical Face store, and every time I try and download it it keeps crashing. You need to have a 64 bit processor browser to even access it because it uses java, and then once I access it and attempt to download it fails to download. I just wanted to see if this was happening to anyone else or not (similar to my other thread dealing with this store). Anyways, I hate to be one to complain to you Ben, but I don't know if this new store is handling your business right, it's just been kind of frustrating to deal with them, and the options they provide are definitely lacking. Anyways, I know there is nothing you can do about it now since you are on tour, and you might not be able to do anything about it anyways because these sorts of things usually involve contracts, but I thought I should voice my concern about them because it's just kind of annoying to preorder something and then the day it's released the setup to download it is so convoluted that the user can't even get it, and the download should be the easy part. I'm interested to know if anyone else has this problem or if it's just me and I am complaining for nothing.
  2. Pedro Meadows Member

So I think they are running the old version of Java and Java warns me every time I try and access it that it's not a secure connection and only to proceed if I trust the source, which I do. But I think perhaps my errors have something to do with them using an old version of Java (seeing as I just installed java to download this album). Furthermore, who still uses Java? I just want to be able to listen to the branches =(
  3. Pedro Meadows Member

Just me then...

[IMG]
    Karin likes this.
  4. Craig Member

I just got this email:

I had the option to update Java but didn't. The download worked ok for me but you only have one choice as far as format is concerned - 256kbps mp3. It'll do until the CD arrives :)
  5. Pedro Meadows Member

In light of your post, I decided to try my luck again, now the download page doesn't even open, effectively putting me back a step further from obtaining my copy of the record. Unlike you I ordered the Vinyl so transferring it to a digital medium is like 10,000 more work/annoying, and since it would be analog converted to digital, I'd have to cut all the tracks up myself (not to mention I haven't received any notice on when my vinyl is shipping out so I don't know when I would even have the option to do this). I'm tempted to look for the album on filesharing websites, but don't really want to go down that road.
  6. ben Administrator

Is this still acting up for you? I'll look into it today.
  7. Pedro Meadows Member

Yeah, for some reason when I try and download it it says Retrying 1 - Retrying 2 - Retrying 3 - Error (click here). When I click on the error link it tells me no directory exists and it stops from there. I have been going back and forth emailing musictoday for the past week or so, but it hasn't really gone anywhere. They mostly sent me basic Windows troubleshooting directions, and when they did finally send me directions for OSX it was for a dated version (I'm running the new Mavericks platform) and the advice was again just linking to basic troubleshooting. I just received another email from them today asking for a description of the error message (despite the fact that I sent a screenshot of the actual error in the message that they were responding t0). It's been a little bit frustrating dealing with them.

I have also yet to receive any shipping information on the actual album itself, or whether or not my order is being processed or what the deal is. Given the nature of my difficulty just getting the album download, I'm inclined to assume the worst, but I don't want to be rash.