I'm done ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ben, Jul 17, 2013.

1. ben Administrator

Just uploaded The Branches for mastering. I am totally done with it now. I will be getting drunk shortly. Hahaha.

And sorry for my general absence. I had to cut off from everything to properly finish this thing. I haven't been online, or checked my e-mails. I just locked myself away and spent every bit of time and energy I had tracking the last of everything, and when I was approaching burnout, I would drive to a spring somewhere in Florida and swim and forget as much as I could, then dive back in to working on it. But I am finished. I have nothing left to give it, and it's out of my hands.

I can't wait to start sleeping again. And this will be available in October. Not a whole lot of time to get all the manufacturing and everything together, but I'll get it done. The balls are already in motion.
    Carrie Potter and MagicalZebra like this.
  2. Corvus Member

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear it.
  3. a flicker of light Active Member

"Cheers!"

Pops open a bottle of champange!

I just got goose bumps!
  4. neonbible Member

That's fantastic! My 'balls are already in motion' in anticipation (sorry :) )

Looking forward to the CD and Vinyl release. I hope you will be using the same book format as The Roots? Also any chance of gatefold packaging for the vinyl release? I know you love your artwork! But I'm sure there will be cost considerations there.

Hope you enjoy your much needed rest.
  5. hughesypf Active Member

Woooo! Congratulations :) Branches in October, then your UK show in November, can't wait!
  6. coffee Member

Radical Face and the fall/winter... I'll really be craving that album by October.
  7. Carrie Potter Member

Congrats! That's gotta be an awesome feeling. Looking forward to getting my hands on the album!
  8. Ray New Member

Great news! Looking forward to hearing it ahead of your show on 12th Nov in London. Also very pleased that there'll be another Electric President album. Do you ever sleep??
  9. neonbible Member

Any chance of a sample from The Branches Ben? :)
  10. Tatterdemalion New Member

Yay! Not only is The Branches coming out in October, but you're also playing in my city within a week of my birthday! Best present ever.
  11. MagicalZebra Active Member

My brother got me tickets for the birmingham show a few months ago :-D
  12. captjanko New Member

Just curious, Ben, is there going to be another EP prequel to The Branches?
  13. ben Administrator

Thanks, everyone. Finished all the artwork and formatting this week, so now it's just down to getting everything manufactured, working on live arrangements, finishing the next Bastards EP and making some music videos. I was expecting this to be a lighter Summer than normal. Whoops.

And to answer questions ...

Neonbible: Yes, this will be another little book. All three share a very similar look, so they'll be a set when it's all done. But no gatefold, as those are really expensive. Still just a single. But I'm looking for some better papers and a nice gold ink this time around. Something more textured. And I will be putting up a little mini-preview for the album on my youtube channel, but it'll be using a song that isn't on the record.

Carrie Potter: You know, I wish I was more excited when I finished records, but by the time I'm done, I kind of hate them. Hahaha. I just go over it so many times that I can't really stand the songs anymore. Which is probably also a reason why I change them for live shows.

Ray: Sleep? Not so much. Hahaha. I have made a vow to take on less next year. I'm tired of being tired lately.

Captjanko: Yep. There will be a free EP in September. 4 songs, I think. But I'll see once I start mixing them.
    Carrie Potter likes this.
  14. ben Administrator

Sorry for more radio silence. Been busy getting all the extras around the release ready. It's always more than I think. Every time.

Finished up some press photos this week, though. And those are always fun to come up with. I usually do kind of ridiculous ones, but that's just because I like ridiculous photos. Here's some of them:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now all that's left is music videos, tour rehearsals, and playing Dota2 whenever I can find the time.
    Amber and MagicalZebra like this.
  15. Carrie Potter Member

Those are ridiculous... ridiculously great! You're so talented and creative. Thanks for sharing. The first one reminds me of the Inferi-infested lake in Harry Potter... tee hee
  16. gregshark New Member

when will a new song be in our ears?
  17. ben Administrator

Thanks! And as a fan of those books, I'm not mad if that's a triggered association.

Soon. The next Bastards EP will be up in a few weeks, and then a couple weeks after that I'll start sneaking tracks from the album out. It's 15 new songs total. Though two are very short.
    Carrie Potter likes this.
  18. gregshark New Member

Maybe you're not far enough removed from it yet, but how do you feel about this record compared with The Roots?
  19. MrImSoGreat Member

Man, when I first saw the topic of this thread I was worried you were announcing your retirement from music. Like an open letter to the fans... So relieved.

I just wanna say congrats on the completion on the new album and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that October cannot come soon enough, especially for the shows.
    MagicalZebra and hughesypf like this.
  20. MagicalZebra Active Member

i thought that as well when i saw the thread title! it was a bad time, but these pictures are great, i'm looking forward warmly to the release