The Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ben, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Amber Member

Haha awesome, including the hairstyle? ;)
  2. MagicalZebra Active Member

Thinking about it, Ben makes a great Friar Tuck. That reminds me actually. There used to be this place called "The Tales of Robin Hood" in town (I live in Nottingham) where you would walk around and learn all about Robin Hood. In the cafeteria at the end of it there were always people dressed as Friar Tuck or other characters from the tales. You could have birthday parties there. It was awesome.

It's out of business now though :(:(:(:(
  3. Thrice Member

I'm also one to hate on weddings. I feel rather unconfortable as said above, to partake in all these traditions that no one has any idea the significance off, but just goes with it. Personal traditions, on the other hand, as ben said, I take way more seriously. My girlfriend is exactly the opposite as me on this topic, but I've managed to get over it. She just enjoys any kind of social events, and likes to be "a part of" everything, so whatever. I enjoy every other aspect of her so its smart to let that go.

On another note, I've read Green Thumbs (Short Story by Ben) at least 3 times now. Is there any other piece of literature out there by Ben available? I'd love to read something else.
  4. MagicalZebra Active Member

I think I read the Severus and Stone story once, but I can't remember where I found it and it was saved on my old hard drive.
  5. Thrice Member

Yeah, I've read that one as well. It was made available for download through a link here in the forum. That hidden message in the text was pretty cool too. Though, I'm pretty sure Ben has some more material, but not sure if its available to the public.
  6. Corvus Member

I've got a short story by Ben called "Letters" that used to be on his website. Not sure if he wants it posted here though.
  7. MagicalZebra Active Member

My cat just walked into my room, shouted at me, hopped onto a book on the arm of my chair, promptly fell off it, and then got really upset and mewled at me again. Now he's sleeping on my bed. He does this just about every day.

Ben get a cat.
  8. ben Administrator

I did not have the Friar hair, unfortunately. Just little bald me. And a Robin Hood tour would be awesome! Too bad it got pulled down.

I don't have a lot of short stories up. I don't write very many that I'm happy with, and I wasn't sure if it was something anyone would want to read. I'm the most nervous about sharing writing for some reason. Music and art don't phase me.

But I don't remember "Letters." Could you send that to me? Hahaha.
  9. ben Administrator

Hahaha. I want to. I just have to be smart about timing. I just have to wait until I'm done with these projects. Between editing our movie, recording the new album, finishing Clone's manufacturing and website, and slowly working on my garage, I don't have much free time or brain space. So I'm gonna wait until Summer.
    MagicalZebra likes this.
  10. MagicalZebra Active Member

In other cat-related news, my other cat has been missing for over a week and came back today C:
  11. Thrice Member

Please send to me as well! Of course, if Ben approves.

On another note, was thinking about making the trip to Sasquatch Festival. I wanted to know though, how long are the sets going to be, will you be playing like a half hour and call it a day? Never been to anything like that, but there are awesome bands in the lineup.
  12. Corvus Member

According to his user page, today is Ben's birthday!
  13. Amber Member

In that case,
    Happy birthday Ben!!! Hope you had a good one :)
  14. MagicalZebra Active Member

let's make a thread!
  15. ben Administrator

As mentioned in the other thread, I ain't 31 quite yet. But thank you. And I always do really low-key birthdays. No parties or anything. Just a quiet day and a good dinner.

And Thrice, I actually don't know how long the sets are. I've never been to this one, and they're all a bit different. But I will be playing in Portland and possibly an acoustic set in Vancouver before and after. Just figuring out the when/where for those before I post them.
    Thrice likes this.
  16. ben Administrator

My friend got me playing Dota2 over the weekend. And I'm afraid I'm hooked. I did almost nothing else Saturday and Sunday. But it was nice, actually. I haven't done a video game shut-in for a while. I just gotta be better about it during the week.
  17. MagicalZebra Active Member

I have friends who are constantly playing dota 2. For some reason they're also doing very well at school, maybe I should take it up. But I've been playing Garry's Mod all day. My, it's fun to build.
  18. ben Administrator

It's pretty addictive, but the learning curve is a bit steep. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but then it clicked and now I love it. The community also has a lot of complaining, and people yell at you for mistakes, which is funny to me.

I've been sick, so I've had plenty of time to play. Which is kind of nice. Not the being sick part. Just taking a break from everything.
  19. MagicalZebra Active Member

I like being sick because it means I don't have to go to school. I'm not legally obliged to attend school. Maybe if I prefer being sick to going there I should stop it.
  20. ben Administrator

Hahaha. That might be a sign.